Heortland material

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 02:10:47 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

Well Joerg's post on Aeolians has topped 17K, much of it a lot of little questions that could have been answered by rereading the post he was replying to plus some questions that really do little other than just break up the context and flow of what has just been said. I can't see any useful purpose in continuing the debate on this particular topic because a) any direct reply that I make to his post is going to look awful and b) it wouldn't have anything new.

I do want to set one thing straight. Joerg has been consistently equating my Aeolians as clones of medieval jews as a reason for his dislike, even to the extent of ignoring what I actually compared them to (English Catholics, Irish etc) and inconsistencies with his statement (My Aeolians do practice craft). I do not view them as such.