Re : Food for the masses

From: simon_hibbs_at_lycosmail.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 08:24:01 -0500 (EST)

frederic boudaille :

>I'm always reluctant when I see capitalism and "levels of access" appearing in
>hobbies like RPG.
>Since we all sustained and make Glorantha a virtual reality (since 82 for myself), I
>belieev that we could have access to, say, the rules, to publicize the game onto new
>players befor the real gamebox hit the stores (knowing that "we" will buey anything
>Gloranthan).

Yes, but who exactly are "we"? How could Issaries Inc release the HW rules to "us" without also releasing it to everyone else in the world? Perhaps Issaries Inc should just post their rules set on Usenet and their web site and not bother publishing and selling it at all?

As it happens, I believe Issaries Inc are planning on publishing at least a cut-down rules summary on their web page. This will probably occur around the time that the rules set is published in print. Posting it on their web site earlier probably isn't possible as the rules set is, as I understand it, still undergoing final editing.

>Once again, I know that financial involvement should always be rewarded, but let's be
>communists for once and share !

It's easy to be a communist if the things you want to have common ownership of are currently owned by somebody else.

Simon Hibbs