RE: Malkionism and Knights

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_indigost.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:33:19 -0000

I would like to add my thanks to Peter for this article that cleared up several of my long standing questions and misapprehensions regarding the Malkioni.

I think that there is another dimension of conflict within Malkioni society, that between the religious Wizards of the High Orders and the scholarly Sorcerers that
> wield the cosmic laws as if they were putty

I see the High Orders as representing the religious hierarchy who, in theory, like the idea of the
> epitome of one imbued with God's Grace
but, in practice, object to the loss of power and/or prestige that a Knight causes them.

Again, in theory, the Wizards/High Orders object to the atheistic Sorcerers but, in practice, as the Sorcerers do not tap the same pool of socio-religious power as themselves, they do not personally hate them so much.

Yet again we end up with the internal conflicts within a religion taking precedence over the conflicts between believers and non-believers.

regards,
Charles