The Ecclesiarch

From: Mittmann, Mike <Mike_Mittmann_at_affymetrix.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:46:26 -0800

Jim Chapin says:

>Well, as the more SUCCESSFUL Theoblanc, the one that actually survived the
>Council and managed to walk out with his own church intact, I would say
>that Theoblanc is neither a bigot nor corrupt, just realistic! He did
>everything he could for church union, and when that proved not to be
>enough, he left. It sure is a good thing that he is so holy that he lives
>on forever - - -;)

I will point out that he did not manage to walk out with his whole church. I recall that his three inquisitors
had resigned when the realized that they could not prevent their bishop from falling away
from the Rokari teachings. One of the Inquisitors did rejoin the church, but only because the heretic
was so corrupt that he accepted Theoblanc's offer to switch his caste from a knight to a bishop.

I am truly saddened that because of Theoblanc's "realism" several generations of Rokari will be instructed incorrectly and will never reach solace.