Lunar Wanes

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:31:03 +1300

Keith Nellist:

>On a tangent; are there any celestial events that coincide with wanes or are
>they purely a Lunar phenomenon? For example, is the Moon visibly brighter at
>some point during a wane and, if it is, who can tell?

The phenonemon is generally observable only by the Chronomancers and even then, it wasn't discerned until sometime before the beginning of the Second Wane. I do think it takes the form of the Moon being brighter at either ends of a wane than in the middle but other (more visible) factors complicate this pattern. For example, after the Twin Stars defeated Jannisor, the Moon is said to have become bright enough to be seen in daytime and I do think it went rather dark during Sheng Seleris's reign.

>On the 8/1 bug, one would expect trouble simply because 7x7 years = 1 wane,

Actually there's 54 years per wane, not 49.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #301