Re: John Milius' Conan

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:05:05 EST

Gian Gero:

      As I've never seen the film Gian mentioned, I will restrict myself to the easy questions ;-)

<< Which deity, in GT, has Darkness and beast runes?>>

     Gorakiki, goddess of insects, and Aranea, goddess of spiders, are specifically said to have both of these runes in Troll Gods. In all probability, the other invertebrate gods, Kropa, Molakka, Swems and Sokazub would also have these runes.

<< and a clear affinity with fire symbology, as well (the initiates' candles
and torches
 and white/yellow robes)? >>

      Most darkness cults avoid fire like the plague. However, if Cragspider has a hero cult, its possible that's associated with both fire and darkness/beast (i.e. spiders).

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky