Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #302

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:59:51 -0600

>From: JLeeWatts_at_aol.com
>Subject: Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #300

>I love world design. But have problems getting people to believe in gods as
>the movers and shakers of the universe.
>
> <<Make sure someone else is interested enough to give you feedback.>>
>
> Most of the people with whom I play are stuck in the believe that every game
>world is a revolving planet. How do you break them of this belief?

        Break the RW laws of physics repeatedly. Gunpowder doesn't work because it doesn't have the proper mythic requirements. Use Hippocratic medicine, which involves 4 humors. Wind comes from trees swaying. Stuff like that. Use it often enough and the players will start to realize that this isn't the RW.

Andrew