Immortality spells

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:40:23 +1300

David Dunham:

Me>> Most sorcerers have imperfect
>> immortality spells (the Brithini are an exception) and do not
>> live forever.

>I could be wrong, but I had the impression that Brithini don't use
>spells at all (after all, every peasant is immortal, too). Their
>longevity is a consequence of their correct behavior.

I was using spell in a loose sense - "imperfect methods for extending their lives" would have been better but a bit verbose. I do agree that the Brithini do not use spells but rely on the purity of their surroundings (including correct behaviour, no worship by anybody etc) to live forever. Other Sorcerers cannot adopt this and so are forced to use inferior methods.

There is a third way that many Malkioni bigwigs (Gaiseron the mystic, Theoblanc the Pious, King Gundreken of Loskalm) apparently use but I think that's a side-effect of their piety rather than an intentional spell.