Foreign RQers have a soul

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:44:36 GMT

Dear TERRA,
I understand you: have you ever seen a hollywood film about Romans? They all act like nazi-puppies with ridicule expressions and fancy armor. Americans love to banalize foreign culture: that makes them feel superior. Alas, I don't know eastern culture very well, but IMG tsankth pirates are always described by their Teshnan or Kralorelan enemies. I suppose RW chinese or siamese soldiers rarely described your ancestors better than "eastern devils".
Do not refer to WWII. I prefer not to and I think my people played the stupidest part in the whole episode.

Looking forward to read you again (and keep on reading Montanelli; BTW in which language do you read his books?).

Gianfranco