Bureaucracies and hero quests

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:45:00 -0500

Bob Stancliff said :

>Consider the Chinese empire of the Middle Kingdom. No matter who was
>emperor, the same bureaucracy ran the country and insured continuity from
>dynasty to dynasty. It was a meritocracy based on testing applicants who
>wished to join, to prove that they were worthy... sound a lot like a cult.

That's funny that's a pretty accurate description of the government of Canada
(and most other countries I imagine). New government comes in, ministers change and their assistants change but everybody else in the bureaucracy pretty much stays the same. I'm not so sure about that bit about a meritocracy
though...I think butt-kissingtocracy would be a better description.

Andreas Gustafsson <koraq_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>I've though about constructing some HQ myself, but without histories of the
>gods, mythlets, it's much harder. A list of myths, broken down into
"stations"
>amybe, would be a great help.
>
>Has anybody done that already?

I have a somewhat lame Balazaring hunter heroquest on my website. You could remove all the silly bits rather easily I imagine.

Guise of the Crow - a heroquest
http://www.geocities.com/bernuetz/crowques.html

It's based on the following myth :

How Foundchild stole the Prey's Seeming