Re: Truth

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 00:53:43 GMT

Gian Gero:
> It would be too easy if Lie spells detect Truth instead of sincerity.
> Moreover, I doubt they could work: there is no Truth in Glorantha AFAIK.

Worse that that, there's too darn many of them... This is why I'm somewhat meally-mouthed when it comes to discussions of an Objective Glorantha, not because I'm at heart a bleeding heart liberal relativist, but because I', something of a reductionist, and we have strong evidence to suggest that reductionism is of limited value in Glorantha (or at least in the bits of Glorantha we're normally interested in: I'm sure it works great if you're a Buseri, or a Brithini, or some other rather Boring sort of Gloranthan beginning with B).

Discussions of how well it works in the RW I'll pass on...

> This issue reminds me of an NPC of mine. I'm writing quite a fiction novel
> on him (OK, Alex, ridiculize me, I show my cheek or whatever it is written
> in English).

I'm unclear what I should be ridiculing, else I'd be sure to oblige.

Cheers,
Alex.