Vormain

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 09:40:31 +1300

Terra Incognita

>I think isolationism takes great cost in Magical World.

But for Vormain, the benefits outweigh the costs. They've previously tried to be nice to others but were betrayed - the Kralori came and installed a detested house of foreign rulers, the East Islanders tried to suck them in with the worship of Avanapdur, the Zabdamar probably tried to trick them and for completeness, I think the Keets from the south did something wicked. Because of the woe and suffering caused by these treacheries, they've elected to isolate themselves (in effect a mystical renunciation of the outside world) rather than futilely try to revenge themselves upon it.