Re: Vormai

From: Tadaaki Kakegawa <yelmalio_at_za2.so-net.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 08:44:26 +0900

Hello,

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 05:29:17 -0800
owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com (The Glorantha Digest) wrote:

The>>Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 05:25:53 GMT
The>>From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
The>>Subject: Exploring the unknown lands...

The>>necessarily be ruled out, either), but that doesn't mean it's
The>>purely a stereotype of Japan, and I sincerely hope that Japanese
The>>readers are offended by either how they resemble each other, or by The>>how they differ.

 What Japanese readers are mourned about TotRM #17 is its cover art.  "Samurai don ARMOR on deck! They must be sunk!" :-)

 Well, for me, description about vormai in TotRM is much resemble to  Japan. I hope it should be more unique, say, Gloranthalized.

The>>Interesting idea, though it could work equally well with any 'oppressed The>>Malkioni'. (As big a redundancy as 'squabbling Orlanthi', really...)

 Historically, Japanese christians in Edo era were very oppressed and  rebelled against Shogun once (and beaten). That is one of the reasons  why Edo bakufu chose Isolation -- to avoid christian missionary.  Terra maybe got idea from it.

 regards,

 Tadaaki Kakegawa AKA MALION
                       e-mail:   yelmalio_at_za2.so-net.ne.jp
                       http://www.glorantha.to/~tome