Snodal

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:20:23 +1300

Andreas Gustafsson:

>All this stuff started when his oh-so-high Gregness decided to write
>fantasy novels, right? I have read that a hero named Snodal killed
>an incarnation of Issaries called The God of the Silver Feet, right?

That is correct.

>And my this act he brought the Syndics Ban upon his fellow man, right?

Whether he intended to bring the Syndics Ban upon Fronela, nobody knows.

>Is this story published somewhere or has it just disapeared in the
>Seshenelan mists as the land in question sank beneath the waves?

Snodal saved Fronela from sinking beneath the waves by bringing on the Syndic's Ban.

His story isn't published but the basic outline of his life is well-known and described in the Glorantha Book (pages 26-27) and the Genertela Book (pages 14-15). Some detail about Altinaela, the land that he visited can be found at:

http://www.glorantha.com/products/samples/otherworld.html

and further information about the Syndic's Ban can be found at:

http://www.glorantha.com/library/history/hle-5wane.html#syndics-ban

Finally Questlines #1 contains some material about Snodal.

	[Snodal] found himself, one frozen evening, before a
	great guardian spirit which kept him from his past.
	He had no memory of that past, not of himself, or
	his nation.

	He had fought that great, mottled creature.  Spirit.
	Draugr more like, twelve feet tall.  It bore a double-
	bladed, two-handed axe, and wore only a loin cloth in
	the stinging snowstorm.  It spat and drooled.

	But Snodal killed it and so he got to Altinela.  He bore
	with him only one thing: a ragged remnant of his ancestor's
	diary.  This he matched to their records, and to find
	himself again, Snodal began recording the history of his
	homeland.

And during his researches, he finds out what Zzabur planned to do to Fronela:

	He did not find this acceptable, so in the library of
	Altinea he asked The Man Who Speaks All Tongues what to
	do, and after some more study he went home and did it.