re: God Learner survivors

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 23:00:42 -0800

"Terra Incognita" wrote:

> Survivors or Wreck of GL (of course, they are extinct, it's only some
> possibility)

The God Learners live on in their works, not in the flesh (or even spirit).

> a) Belintar (by timetravel?)

If I recall correctly, Belintar talks about God Learners as though he is not one of them.

> b) Delecti (multiplication of disaster of EWF and GL?)

He's pure EWF.

> c) Slaves of Ralzakaak (guarded by Chaos Ooze?)

If any survived, they wouldn't be sane.

> d) IMG, some GL spirit was rescued by Vormai Strong Barrier in accident

Again, I doubt anyone who survived will still be sane after all this time (and all those curses).

> e) Wachaza, Caladra&Aulerion, or other remains of GL Empire influenced cult
> in deep sanctuary.(scarcely)

We are told that C&A shed as many God Learner influences as possible; since Wachaza is no longer worshipped by the Middle Sea Empire, I'm sure the same is true.

> f) Ramalians? (sorry, I can't believe. They have no strong magic support.)

No more than the Umathelan barbarians (on the subject of which, I believe the fact that they have nine Lightbringers is intentionally part of their anti-God Learner reformation).