Apprentices Guild, the MIG, and Delecti

From: Rick Meints <RMEINTS_at_ford.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:25:11 +0000

Missing a weekend of digests makes posting a timely response more difficult.

A few thoughts on the Apprentices Guild publications...

Nick Brooke was kind enough to refer anyone interested in detailed information
on any Gloranthan product, including the Apprentices Guild supplements, to
my Index of Glorantha, or the MIG, as it is usually referred to. Since self-promotion
is a self indulgence I allow myself every once ina while, I'll give you a little info on
what the book is all about. First and most importantly, it contains detailed
descriptions on most of the products/books/supplements ever written that contain
Runequest or Gloranthan information. Both Nick's and my websites contain

a more detailed description on the book. Secondly, it is definitely still for sale. You
buy it from most Megacorp reps, finer gameshops in the UK, and Wizard's Attic in
the US. Only 500 copies were made, so buy one soon.

For those of you who don't have my website address: http://ourworld.cs.com/rjmeints/news.htm

I'm not totally greedy, though, so here's some info on the Apprentices Guild stuff...

They were published in the UK in the early 90's and mostly sold in the UK. They
contained a variety of new cults, spells, and scenarios. The two main products
sought are Cults of Light and Death, and the doublepack of Children of the Goddess
and Children of Entropy. Occasionally copies show up for sale. Dan Prentice and Danny
Bourne can give you more info. Of course, I recommend buying my book. Danny will probably say "Behind the Masque" is the best of the lot. I'll let you know
more about that one when I wrestle a copy of it from him at the next Pagan Gods pub meet.

A few thoughts on Delecti...
Delecti is not misunderstood. He is not a victim. He is not a good guy in any sense of
the word. He is a hybrid akin to Dr. Mengele of Auschwitz infamy, reanimator, and
several other creepy undead lich-type sorcerors. He LOVED the crazy, twisted experiments
that the remakers were performing. It was most of his reason for living and undeath.
There will be a lot more info available on him soon in issue 19 of Tales.