making amends issue

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:10:01 GMT

Andrew (?) wrote:

>But Orlanth didn't just dump the corpse in front of the doorway. >Orlanth
>then took severe steps to make amends. If one were to approach the
>temple in question with sufficiently obvious contrition, PERHAPS,
>depending upon the deity in question, a HeroQuest of contrition >might be
>available. Alternatively, an Orlanth Windlord always has the option >of a
>Lightbringer's Quest (the all-purpose contrition Heroquest).

>Of course, I'm being more trite than how one should game it--to >simplify
>presenting the point. If the slain is of fairly low rank, some >measure
>of weregild might be enough.

What I suggest is not a Lightbringer making-amend style quest: I suggest that Orlanth could, reasoning by absurd, provided that he wanted not to restore Yelm but merely not being blamed for murdering him, Orlanth could transfer the blame on Wakboth or Ragnaglar or Zorak Zoran, just to identify a more plausible guilty one.

If Orlanth had done so, he would have been more tricksterous than usual and far less royal than usual, but I suppose he could.

As for the weregild suggestion: I am amazed. You really think a weregild can be paid to Babeester, Zorani, Thanathari and Mallians? What's revenge for, then?
Has any of you ever tried to pay a weregild to the Stormbullies for voluntarily killing one of their berserkers? Really?

Let's be serious.
Ciao
Gian