Faith

From: Dave Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 00:49:22 +0800

>> Is the modern concept of faith applicable in a Gloranthan sense?

        Like Alex, I would question the idea that faith is inapplicable to Glorantha - particularly to the Malkioni. Sure, the existence of 'miracles ' is not in doubt, or that there exist otherworld entities to interact with. But essentially, the big question is not 'is there material evidence of my religion', but 'is my religion a true and correct path in life'. And there is plenty of room for doubt - especially given all those other religions around that also have some material evidence to back them up in Glorantha, yet follow utterly different beliefs.

        And besides, the Malkioni have very little evidence of the most essential articles of their faith. Your average Malkioni cannot contact those in Solace either, or contact the Invisible God.

	Cheers
		David