Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #323

From: Bob Stancliff <stanclif_at_ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:32:53 -0500

> Ethilrist and Keener Than appear on the opposite sides in
> Dragon Pass. When Ethilrist unleashes the Hound on its
> doom run and this run takes it close to Keener Than, then
> the Hound goes over to Keener so he can unleash it next
> turn. To me, it looks like they are bitter enemies...
> - --Peter Metcalfe

        Only if they are controlled by opposing sides, which Nick says they are. Otherwise this sounds like a perfect description of teamwork, catching and releasing the hound to destroy the enemy.

> Bollocks. When Player A allies Sir Ethilrist, Player B gets Keener Than.
> When Ethilrist unleashes the Hound against Player B's stacks, Keener
Than
> grabs it, twists it around and sends it shooting back into Player A's
> stacks.
> Nick

        OK, I accept the answer. Then why release the hound at all if the enemy is guaranteed to get it? Is there some direction it can go so that the other player can't capture it? Giving the enemy a weapon to use against you is bad tactics.
Stancliff