Release the Hound!

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:42:01 EST

In a message dated 1/26/00 5:33:39PM, you write:

<< OK, I accept the answer. Then why release the hound at all if the enemy  is guaranteed to get it? Is there some direction it can go so that the  other player can't capture it? Giving the enemy a weapon to use against  you is bad tactics.
 Stancliff >>

Keener can only get it if it goes near him, and he can only be near it if he is still alive. The hound is therefore useful either if you send it somewhere out of his range or after you have killed him. On balance though I admit that I find the Hound very hard to use effectively and prefer the often devastating Cloak of Darkness and the surprisingly speedy Goblins.

Keith N