Re: Moon rune

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_dstc.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:49:58 +1000

Martin Laurie wrote:
> Yes it is, although Peters point about DP superhero status still stands.
> The Emperor gains massive power from his indulgences as he follows his
> mystical path. Unfortunately, those powers aren't always combat related...
> Having the ability to wolf down a couple of picked sheep while shagging
> the 777 Sisters of Purity, while out-drugging Keith Richards in one sitting
> does not make one adept at shrugging off the attacks of Harrek the Berserk.
>
> His journey is specific to him and its purpose is hidden and beyond mortal
> understanding. Do remember though, that the Emperor changes form
> regularly, so should his Empire need a military form, it might well
> appear...

I can imagine the scene:
various lackeys and generals getting together after a recent defeat. "Look, he's useless. Granted his ability with the Sisters of Purity are  well and good for populating the empire, but that didn't help us  recently."
"We couldn't even send him near the front this time due to the Earth  Temple incarnating Babeestor Gor - I'm not the one to tell his mum  what happened to her favourite wang"

"What are we going to do then?"
"Let's tell him it's time for a new incarnation...?"
"WHAT!? You do understand that (a) that means he [it?] has to die, then
 (b) go through many nasty and tortuous metaphysical journeys. Granted,  that would give us some time to fix up this war without interference,  I don't think he's going to come at that too kindly for himself - I can  just see it: 'Oh, so you believe you need a *real* general for an  Emperor - OK, I'll just go commit seppukku'. You'd last about five  heartbeats."
"Well, let's, uh, _help_ him"
[many jostlings to get, quietly but quickly, far away from the previous  speaker]
"Nice weather we're having"
"Yes, I think I'll just go down to the front for a while"
"Bye"