Re: [Fwd: Glorantha: Q&A]

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:43:07 GMT

To the Q&A:

> > Q: Is it possible for a human and an elf to have a child? How about
> > other races?
> >
> > Q: What color of elves have existed in Glorantha? What plants are they
> > associated with? Do they still exist?

Robert McArthur's partner responded:

> > Dare I say typical?. 'Can you f*ck it?' and 'Can I justify persecution
> > based on skin colour?' : the 2 most critical things mankind needs to
> > know about races other than their own.

Eh? This is a wildly inaccurate paraphrase, to the point of being libelous, were it only possible to do so to the entire species. (Or was 'typical' of some sub-group meant?) The answer to the bowdlerised 'Can you f*ck it?' is _not_ even the same as to the question asked

As for the second question, would it seem material to observe that the 'colours' of elves are explicitly, clearly, and unambiguously _nothing to do_ with skin colour? And what is there about the question that implies anything about persecuation?

Robert himself:
> Quite perceptive I think...

Give me strength.