Re: Praxian Culture

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:07:34 GMT

Joe Mills:
> Just a thought: the Praxians are probably going to be left fairly well
> alone during the Hero Wars. They have nothing the Orlanthi or Lunars want
> (except mercenaries). They will be pushing the Snow Line north into Pent,
> causing the horse nomads to migrate again into Lunar territory, I think.

This is a well-known, and rather funky, Sandyism. Though it isn't so much that the Praxians are such hard-asses that they're militarily pushing the Pentans out, but that the Snow Line is moviong for _climatic_ reasons. (I presume there's some at least marginal ecological advantage to be had on either side of this, with the Praxians better adapted to the dry, and Pentans to the cold, or whatever.) And the punch-line is that it is of course the Lunars who've done this, with their 'damn Ruskies been foolin' with the weather again!' Icebreaker expeditions.

He's an sick and twisted individual is our Mr. Petersen -- and don't we just love him for it?

Cheers,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #331