Re: Birmingham

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:13:14 +0000

In message , Kmnellist_at_aol.com writes
>In a message dated 1/25/00 7:36:38PM, you write:
>
><< given the recent discussions on cultural identification, or lack of,
> between the two worlds on this estimable digest, can anyone tell me
> where I and everyone else in Birmingham, UK, might end up?
>
> yours, in terrible, quaking fear, >>
>
>Given the state of the M6 most of the time, and the location of the Bull
>Ring, I would associate Birmingham with the 'Block' in Prax.

Now it all makes sense! Birmingham is Prax and Pavis! The canal running under Spaghetti Junction is the Puzzle Canal - The revitalised waterway along Brindley Place is the Good Canal - The large number of trees we have (despite what none-residents believe, Birmingham is a very "green" city from that point of view) is due to the Elf Garden. The Tower Blocks are the remnants of the Giant Walls of Old Pavis, The Iron Man is a remnant from the Plateau of Statues and Wayland's Forge is Moonbroth, where the Armies of Nomads that Roj is painting are awaiting the onset of the Hero Wars...

"More Canals than Venice, More Trees than Sherwood Forest"