Re: Onslaught and the Greydogs

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:20:20 GMT

Martin Laurie posteth:
> This is on Wesley Quadros site but I've never posted it to the digest, and
> as my email seems to mysteriously function on the digest once more, adter
> two years, here we go.

Several thoughts occur:
a) As to the mystery, let there be much rejoicing! The Digest's handling of MIME encoding has long been a pain in the glutei maxima (I'm giving up, whichever language I write in, Gian is not impressed), and Martin has suffered more than most. So lemmehearyasay "Yo!" to the recent changes in how Majordomo is doing this, whatever exactly they are. It even seems to accept Bryan Maloney's Praxian, which is saying something, to say nothing of my fada-ridden occassional signoff...

b) a clan paying wergeld to itself? We owe ourselves a billion dollars, Dilbert... (Admittedly I wouldn't be surprised if this sometimes happens in an informal way, with a transfer of 'rights' (or of personal property) between bloodlines, but it can't have the legal force of payment between clans.)

c) assorted customary 'Onslught story' observations spring to mind. ;-)

Slán,
Alex.