Moonboat Crew (Lunar Expert and anyone)

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_primus.com.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 03:23:43 +1100

Hi

I need to devise a crew structure, and appeals to higher authorities have so far turned up no information. So, here's a rough and ready guess at such a structure, and I'd be delighted to receive any educated or MGF ideas to vary or expand it.

First, I recall reading that Moonboat crew are all R Goddess Initiates, then note that according to GoG all Red Goddess Initiates are Illuminated, and already Initiates in another Lunar Cult. This makes me suspect that just the main officers are Red Goddess Initiates.

Captain - Etyries Priest/ess - Duties: to oversee the motion and direction of the craft

First Officer - Etyries Priest/ess - Duties: to deputise for the Captain

Second Officer - Etyries Priest/ess or advanced Initiate - Duties: to direct the crew
(possibly this person is the same as the security chief?)

Navigator - Etyries Priest/ess or advanced Initiate - Duties: to periodocally renew the enchantments that direct the craft

Assistant Navigator - advanced Initiate of Etyries - Duties: to stand in for the Navigator

Security Chief - Sword of Tarnils - Duties: to monitor internal behaviour
(crew and passengers) and watch for rare airborne attacks

Security Personnel - Swords (rarely) or advanced initiates of Tarnils
(these would be my choice of exceptions, and not necessarily also be Red
Goddess Initiates) - Duties: to die inevitably and horribly in rare airborne attacks, and to supervise behaviour on board. They also collect tickets, check luggage for contraband etc etc

Chief Petty Officer - Sage or advanced Initiate of Irripi Ontor - Duties: to oversee supplies, and any trade goods collected and stored aboard, as well as personal luggage not required on the journey

Petty Officers (2) - Initiates of Irripi Ontor (also not required to be Red Goddess Initiates?) - Duties: oversee loading and unloading, also to serve as hospitality personnel

Ship's Magician/Witch - Jakaleel Priestess - Duties: to oversee the magic onboard ship that attunes it to the wiles of the moonbeams

Assistant of the above

Ship's Doctor - Priest/ess of Deezola - Duties: to oversee the mental and physical well-being of passengers and crew

Assistant to the above

How about entertainers, the barman, cocktail waitresses? I'm coing over all 'Orient Express"!!!

Thanks in advance for any help with these ideas