Broos and CA

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:13:26 -0500

I see a running discussion on whether or not Chalana A has power over Broobirth. A few things should be considered -- Chaos is the only time the cult non-violence vows are not enforced (this has been quoted numerous places in the literature though, I think, running away is probably an option)

In River of Cradles, the kidnapped settler girl is infested and must be taken to Horn Gate to the CA healers there who will cast Cure Chaos Wound on her. Presumably, with the larva being more of a parasite than a child, it can be dealt with as a wound. Certainaly, it would qualify in a mortal and spiritual sense as well as the physical insult (to use a dryt coroner's term).

Riskland mentions that Broobirth can be aborted IF one gets to Chalana Arroy healers in time. Presumably this would also be some sort of spell. Considered the nature of Broo and the nature of their favorite/hated goddess, Thed, one might consider that this sort of problem happens continually -- if only in whispered horror stories about the campfire. And there is always some solution to your problems with Magic.

Its really quite approps to the White Goddess, I think. But I suspect I'm covering old ground here.

Jeff