Far Point Yelmalio

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_telia.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:18:43 +0100

Peter answered John's question:
> >Can anyone suggest for me the typical composition of a Yelmalian/Solar
>>clan or tribal ring in the Far Place or eastern Tarsh c.1623?
>
>I doubt that such clans rule through Orlanthi methods of rings.
>Rather they have rule through the Temple and annoited leaders
>chosen on the grounds of piety (and perhaps ability) like Sun
>County does, as per the revelations of the prophet Monrogh.

I agree with this.

> >How Pro-Lunar would Far Point Yelmalians be, and would this be
>>reflected in their tribal bodies?
>
>They would be insular IMO but not as much as Sun County is.

Since i doubt that the majority of the clanspeople are anything but orlanthing, i think it's mainly the chiefs and thanes that are Yelmalian, and mostly for political and economical reasons. The icelandic example may be a good analogy: when Iceland was christianized, it was mainly the chiefs who converted at first (and some of them were only nominally christian), and they pragmatically allowed their people to keep the old customs and beliefs.