Broos and Chalanas

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 15:13:50 GMT

Andrew wrote:
<< Actually, I think the vow is to not harm a sentient creature (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). That would apply to most chaotics as well, although not to things like skeletons or gorp. Overall, though, this provides a nice quandry for the healer in my game (who already feels she's stretched the rule by smashing a skeleton).>> AFAIK, Broo reproduction and CA vows are two subjects which any Gloranthopile around the world sees differently. I found several official contradictions, in the official rules, aplliaple just to these two instances. I am afraid, Andy.
IMG, Chalanas can't use weapons, but can destroy undead or chaotics with magic or other means, even if it's not their job, usually. I think that Chalana can harm people: in Borderlands, Optash, the male Chalana who obeyed Quicktail, the newtling gangster, was a major enemy of my PCs. He tried to put them to sleep when flying or when fighting, two ways to really harm someone. He was eventually captured, excommunicated by CA Ladies and he is now a repentant good guy.

   << Judging from other responses, the suggestion seems to be that the healer should cure it of chaos and then deliver it normally. Two problems with this: 1) What if the host is male> How does one deliver a man of a child (although I suppose Nandani know something about this).>> I inferred that a Broo Larva, treated with anti-chaos magic, dies. It doesn't deliver anything.

<<2) Even with a female host, Broo larvae eat their way out of their host when they're ready to be born. This doesn't seem to be something associated with their chaotic nature but rather a basic element of their life cycle. So how do you deliver even a female host of a broo larva without killing the host? Caesarian section?

        It looks like my PCs might wind up having to go to a Deezolan, which should cause quite a problem for them, given how much they hate Lunars.>>
Where is you campaign located? You have only Deezolans at hand? I would try with Chalanas or Ernaldans, at first. Or Xiola Umbars. I think that even Gorgorma could help a female to rid herself of a Broo Larva, though not in a pleasant way!!!

Ciao
Gian