Re: Hero Wars Mechanics Discussion

From: Tom Merchant <elysia69_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 05:41:19 -0800 (PST)

>This could be done in a few ways depending on the
>infatnry's options.
>If they have shields they can just raise them.
>Probably use their
>close
>combat skill against the archers. If the archers
>lose the contest then
>they ran out of arrows.

>Likewise the infantry could use shieldwall fighting
>to form a tortoise.
>Charge to get to close range with the archers, dodge
>to avoid the
>arrows
>or run to get out of range. In any of these cases
>I'd rule the archers
>losing as running out of arrows or having to switch
>to close combat.

I'd like to join in this discussion but unfortunately I havent seen even the smallest morsel of the much discussed Hero Wars mechanics.

As someone recently put it we're waiting for a game to play. I'm no danger to profits (I buy anything gloranthan I can find- I have 5 copies of the runequest II rules simply to express my delight at finding them not to mention a useless copy of 'foes')

Again can I ask that someone put up a description of how the basic mechanics work, with an example. Everyone on this mailing list is going to buy regardless.

Regards
Tom

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com