More Glorantha vs. RW.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 18:53:38 GMT

Gian Gero:
> Please, don't think so. Malkionism is much different from Christianity. It
> resembles the (wrong) idea of Christianity that non- Christians have.

Or worse, that ex-/lapsed Christians have, hrm?

> The only real resemblances are in Malkioni culture and social structure
> which is similar to feudal western Europe (which was Christian and
> not-Malkioni, of course). Other analogies fail or are irrelevant, IMO.

That strikes me as just a little bit of a blanket statement. I can understand why this might be a 'sensitive' topic in many respects: if one has a sincere belief, seeing it 'Monomythologised' and otherwise subject to the vagarities of being mapped onto a fictional world may be distinctly problematic, but nevertheless, I'd like to see some more detail on _why_ Christianity is entirely qualitatively different from any Gloranthan religion.

Not that I'm trying to suggest that Christianity is the one, best 'model' for Malkionism either, mind.

Cheers,
Alex.