Dragon / Short Heroquesting

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 03:40:03 +0900

I have a handicap for participating in Digest and mainstream trend. My position is far from Greg for many reason. Heretical idea always boiled in my head.

FREX, I ask some, sometimes there are no answer even from Metcalph, it suggests some reason:
1: there are no answer, unintentionally (this is mere case I know, Digesters already did everything like Doraddi)
2: flat line of blank area (debate coming to too heat, so powers decide to ignore this area)
3: work in progress of greg (caution! he is master of the Mainstream world!) 4: blank area for world flexibility (similarity to 2, but digesters positively admit this condition, blank area isn't always same. please think about Balazar(Griffin Mountain) condition for commercial reason in Avalonhill?)
5: my idea awfully far from mainstream (persecution complex? if so, please teach me)

Peter Metcalph:
>Kralorela can be viewed as one immense dragon but I do think that
>various portions of it (ie important officials such as Exarchs and
>Generals) are dragons in their own right.

I guess this condition is called as Utuma (this means self-suicide and dismemberment, and creats many lifes in limited time cycle for mystical reason. But this case is for pragmatcal reason.)

>I'm not aware of any light aspect in Confucianism but I think
>the Darudists are closer to tibetans lamas rather than confucian
>scholars, mainly because Confucianism is a rationalist philosophy.

I think rationalism is a point of view, In Glorantha, Malkioni and Mostali use logical scientific method, but it doesn't mean they cannot use method of heroquest, ancestor conjuration, beating demons with demon weapons, etc...And RW confucians surely destroyed many folk mithos for their purpose like in GROY Plentonius tried to incorporate good gods and evil gods of local culture into his tree table of Emperors, but they were still ancestor-worshiper, astrologer. The reason why they are called Rationalist is they called so themselves as Romans.
In both subjective and objective terms, Glorantha afford weak peoples remain illusion. Imo, Glorantha circumstance made this two obscure. Rationalism easily succumbs to Power.

>I suspect that there are six Darudist methods, one for each of
>the ancestral dragons: Spirit, Being, Silence, Secrets, Experience
>and Thought. Thus I don't think Pelorian terms are applicable.

But in older version of Glorantha, Eastern Pantheon associated with Solar Pantheon. Even if antagonism like Pent and Dara Happa burn once more, still hostility to GL idea is greater. I expect more openhandism in Older Dara Happa.

Who are they?

Patanjali: RW?

Thank you for your sincere answer.

David Dunham:
>For what it's worth, I got a one-shot (which could have been a
>campaign) out of Entekosiad:
> And I have a
>couple pages of notes for a boardgame (based on the reawakening of
>gods described in Entekosiad).

I think translating your document of "Oroninela" into Japanese, but IMO, Most
part of Entekosiad is difficult for Game use for many reason except latter part . Boardgame has more flexibility for this structuratism (pedantism?) .

Short Heroquesting:
In Glorantha, players roleplaying a character who roleplaying action of his god.
(FREX, argrath roleplaying harmast roleplaying orlanth, meriatan roleplaying snodal roleplaying hrestol, etc...)
If supporter of his act is none, he isn' t hero.

Orlanth eats breakfast.
Yelm sleeps with Dendara.

I think some minority people can see this is sacred deed. If so, there is no normal environment all over the world of Glorantha. I think great heros like Harrek in the condition of "all day are heroquest" like God Age.