Making Amends

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:29:56 -0800

Gian sez:

>Benedict Adamson wrote:
><<Err, you don't want them to escape unpunished, but you do want them
>to escape unpunished?>>
>Yes, in a kind of sense: I wonder where the vengeance stops; if my Pcs kill
>someone, his/her/its friends want to kill my Pcs. If my Pcs survive, do the
>attacks continue? What can they do to avoid this?
>Loren Miller suggested heroquesting, but I 'd like a more mundane and daily
>way to resolve the problem. A kind of ritual or of spell, common to many
>cults. A sort of "transfer guilt" spell.

There is a sort of universal ritual common to many cults (and cultures) to get your players out of that sort of trouble. It's called "Feets" or Move Someplace Else and is found in many scenario hooks. How many PC's wind up in Pavis because they made things too hot for themselves in Sartar? 'Course, if your PC's stick to enemies/victims who are unlikely to have the support structure for the kind of vendetta they (or you) seem to fear such as Broos, bandits (ie other adventurers), or Big Monsters they shouldn't have to worry too much. I suspect one could play a high percentage of the published RQ/Gloranthan scenarios out there without putting yourself on anyone's Most Wanted List.

Gary R Switzer
Aero Hobbies