Re: DP counters

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 13:45:19 EST

In a message dated 2/1/00 11:30:30PM, you write:

<<
 In a nutshell, I won't be rushing to use the doubtless forthcoming  Onslaught DP counter.

A bit of a tenuous link, but I will just comment that I will need all the counters that I can get my hands on for a planned DP style 'Dragonkill' scenario. Speaking of which, I need some advice on the status of certain factions in the Pass circa Dragonkill. Specifically, I want to know if I should have them as on the side of the Invincible Golden Horde, on the side of the Dragons, Independent but alliances possible, Independent but allied with emissaries, Not available because they keep out of it. Another option might be to have a third player but I am not keen. I have ideas but would like some confirmation or opinion.

Delecti the Magus - I like the idea of him being a neutral, with an embassy, because I feel he must have played off one side against the other to survive. Cragspider the Firewitch - I assume pro Dragon, but possibly stays out of it. Giants: as per DP, or anti Dragon?
Tusk Riders - (not as ugly but still tusk riders, different emissasry rules? diplomacy points?) - I currently think neutral but have no real idea. Dwarf and his Gifts - neutral.
Hydra - as per DP
The Wasps - pro Dragons?
The Ducks - definitely pro Dragons
Aldryami - I think they stay out of it.

I could have posted this to the 'Gloranthaboard' list but wanted some feedback and debate from a more History of Glorantha point of view, rather than from aGame Fun/Balance perspective.

If Onslaught were there then I think he would meet his match.

Keith N