Far Point Yelmalions

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 21:16:18 +0000

Mikael Raaterova re: introduction of Yelmalio during Phargentes reign:

> Yelmalio was introduced through trading
> with Lunar Tarsh. Those who converted to or paid respect to Yelmalio
> ways prospered. Strictly business. Most of the Big Clans have
> representatives in Alda Chur, who 'infected' the clan. Alda Chur is
> highly dependent on trade, and conversion (actual or fake) to
> relatively neutral Yelmalio meant more and better trade for the clans.

So, all Phargentes had to do was to make sure that Yelmalio clans got better deals?

Old tribal maps and cult affiliation info:

> Since those maps are presumably pre-Elmal, i wonder if they would
> read 'Elmal' or 'Yelmalio' if re-edited today. IMG, Far Point is
> relatively Elmal-ist. And some of the Elmal traditions brought to FP
> with the settlers were already quite Solarised. These 'splitters'
> provided lots of potential converts for the Yelmalio cult.

For quite a while I had the distinct impression that Elmal worship was stronger among the Winter Tribe Heortlings. This has been mitigated somewhat, but I guess it's hard to get rid of a bias.

> The Elmal cults also have a thing for horses, and isn't much of an
> indication for 'Yelmalioism'.

True - I didn't aim to define Yelmalio"ism" vs. Elmal"ism", but I tried to describe how tribal Yelmalians differ from Sun Dome Temple Yelmalians.