Onslaught

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:53:28 -0500

May someone who's been mostly lurking for a couple of years attempt to mediate?

If Glorantha is anything, it's mythological. Surely any tales of Onslaught that we read are myths, not "omniscient third person" stuff that we're obligated to take absolutely literally. So, why can't the Greydogs remember Onslaught one way, and the Kethaelans a different way, and the Lunars or Praxians still other ways? No one's memory is perfect, and we're only seeing retellings of ancient legends, not anything that really even tries to be history as we modern Westerners know it.

(Note: in at least one game I played in Onslaught would have been dead in a matter of hours after meeting the player characters. Very smart, tricky group and they would have *really* hated him.) - --
Carl Fink carlf_at_dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Guest of Honor in 2000 will be Geoffrey A. Landis. See <http://www.iconsf.org> for I-Con information.