Darudism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 11:31:07 +1300

David Cake:

>>Given that this actually started off when you claimed that Daruda
>>didn't seem very draconic

> No, Darudism. Not Daruda.

Given that Darudism is the life and teachings of Daruda, there is very little difference between the two. If you deny that Darudism is draconic, then you deny Daruda's draconism.

>A draconic motif was never in doubt

But the issue is that you think it is a facade whereas it is not. Dragons is how they truely perceive the world.

>- but
>the question I was asking was essentially how do you distinguish Darudism
>in practice from mysticism with all the mystic entities renamed as dragons?

How do you distinguish draconism in practice from mysticism with all the mystic entities renamed as dragons?

How do you distinguish mysticism in practice from draconism with all the dragons renamed as mystic entities?

Or most importantly:

How do you distinguish Darudism in practice from draconism with all the dragons renamed as dragons?

>all unmanifest dragon souls (awfully hard to
>distinguish from unmanifest enlightened mystic souls with the names
>changed),

There is a simple test: dragon souls can wield dragon powers whereas enlightened mystics do not. Doesn't look very hard to me.

>>I can only refer you to "What the Dragon Emperor says" in Gods
>>of Glorantha and the "Dragon Pantheon" article up on glorantha.com.

> Consider me sent to the back of the class!
> There are only a couple of problems - there is no 'Dragon Pantheon'
>article,

It's up at:

http://www.glorantha.com/library/elder/dragonewts-mythos.html

Read, mark, learn and inwardly digest...

>and the "What the Dragon Emperor says" article contains so little
>on the draconic aspects, that for the majority of the article you can
>actually remove the word dragon everwhere and still leave it grammatically
>correct. Replace Cosmic Dragon with something like Cosmic Being, and it
>works for the whole article.

"From Cosmic Being's exalted scales and hairs came..."?

[PoIM] "They foolishly believe that true inspiration and pure Cosmic Being powers can be attained..."

The first paragraph, where the Cosmic Dragon dismembers itself to create the world, is the draconic utuma in action. I do not see anything like this in Vithelan myth.