Draconic Calendar

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 12:23:50 +1300

Terra Incognita:

>Draconic Calendar is used by Remnants of Vithela Continent.
>(and Teshnos, Ignorance, East of Pent) Silence, Secret, Being, Experience,
>Thought, Spirit

>Why? Draconism is only mainstream in Kralorela, isn't it?

That's correct. These lands (plus Vormain too) were all part of Abzered which was shattered long ago as a result of the folly of Emperor Metsyla. The Calendar, Language (and I suspect writing too) is a sign of their shared origins although only the Kralori are aware of any draconic meaning in them.

I don't know whether the Calender is used elsewhere within the East Isles.

>(I have only Japanese translated version of weeks in stock, 7*7*6
>when do this calendar put on First Day in Thayalan Calendar? Spring Equinox?
>Sacred Time?)

>What is Cult of Orca? Thrunhin Da? August Dragon?

The Orca cultists turn into Killer Whales (Orcinus Orca) so they can combat the wicked Zabdamar Merfolk. The Mandarins consider them the lowest of the low since they use Hsunchen Magics.

Thrunhin Dal is the Kralori name for Harantara, the Goddess of the Sea of Fog. All former lands of Abzered pay her some obesiance and she has bestowed blessings (ie rice) and curses (the Closing) on them as she sees fit.

The August Dragon, I think, is an extremely wise sage. He has assumed Dragon form, to confound certain skeptics, but as a result of that he has to sleep most of the time so he can remain in Kralorela.