Re: Onslaughtwwww

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 16:15:32 EST

Keith:

<< Alex:
  I don't think you can get to 15W4 by 'mundane' means, and Onslaught seems (depressingly) mundane, that's my essential objection.

 I agree that 15wwww is too high, but admit that I am not really qualified to comment (not having read much of Onslaught's endeavours, nor fully grasping Hero War power levels.>>

    15W3 would be enough to casually mow through most professional warriors without breaking a sweat, and even a beginning rune lord would have almost no chance against you. Which seems a not unreasonable description of Onslaught's ability, IMO. This particular bout of anti-Onslaught whinging was initiated by a poster who said he didn't think the combat was very realistic - it is, however, a perfectly reasonable description of a HW combat where one person has a two-mastery superiority over his opponent (though, FWIW I agree with Martin's defence that you don't write fiction according to RPG rules, you write it to be good fiction).

      Checking Anaxial's Record, only five creatures written so far have treble masteries, out of a couple of hundred or so. Mind you, the Luatha (for example) aren't in it yet...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky