Darudism

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:16:21 +0800

>What Mandarins study? Politic? Culture? Draconic Mysticism? Or elder
>wiseman's booklet?

        All the above, I think.

>Conflict between Draconic Mystic and Mandarin, or other social castes
>psychological Dragon Existence: inner life power of unconsciousness

        I think that the Draconic Mystic and Mandarins get on very well - some the great Draconic Mystics are retired mandarins. You just don't get enough time to spend meditating when you are running the country, though.

Alex
>A member of the
>traditional schools is likely to manifest his Tiger Strike by
>punching Gary (to be equal oppurtunity in my violent examples)
>across the room, focussing his self-individuation and feelings of
>aggression into his closed fist.

        But if there are more traditional, then there are also less traditional schools. Less traditional schools may more often tend to be bad guys, of course.

        Personally, I have figured Tiger Style to be one of the less traditional, and Dragon Style (predicaably) to be the most traditional. So if you believe that, he probably calls his Tiger Strike his Dragons Claw instead, and then uses it unmanifestly.

        And to be fair, I'd say that then he isn't manifesting his Tiger magic, but his Anger magic (or whatever - Anger magic is possibly almost as bad as Tiger magic for some mystics), or perhaps just his strength magic. Unless his Tiger Strike is another manifestation of his purely mystic magic - - in response to while I acknowledge that the question might be a bit unsettled, I would contend that most martial arts magic may not be purely mystic. I make that contention in part because I want Kralorelan campaigns to resemble wuxia/ wire fu films, and I am not sure that can be done with purely mystic magic.

	Cheers
		David