King of Hero Wars...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 23:39:03 GMT

Luc Lavergne:
> A Hero Wars sourcebook based on King of Dragon Pass would be a great
> idea. I'm pretty sure even the game mechanics could easily be emulated
> with some form of dice or another.

Well, the good news is that parts of HW will knock KoDP into the proverbial cocked hat here; clan-gen is significantly richer, and seems to be one of the most consisently raved-about parts of the game by people who've seen it. (Unfortunately I missed the 'moot' at Convulsion to do this en masse...) I agree with you that turning this into a full-blown clan economic system would be very nifty indeed for those of us who're into that sort of thing (and don't live in Seattle; I'm sure it's very nice, but after Glasgow and Cork, I might want to move someplace _dry_, before mildew sets in).

I have no idea what might be afoot along such lines, but I very much agree that it'd be a nice sort of thing to have as a play aid. Though I was underwhelmed by Pendragon's recentish attempt at this, so I don't promise to be easy to please... (Everyone sound surprised.)

Cheers,
Alex.