From Majordomo, with love...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:57:00 GMT

If you'll pardon me 'geeking' for a moment:

The Digest seemns to have changed somewhat its mailer format. Now, mostly this is a Jolly Good Thing, since it means my "fadas", our continental friends' acutes and gravs, Martin Laurie's entire postings, and Bryan Maloney's Praxian with Lots of Dots comes though much less mangled. (Well, as I say, _mostly_ a good thing.)

But it's also stopped 'quoting' "From " lines, which tends to wreak havoc with my 'Iron Age' mailer, when these occur. I'm just wondering if this is a problem particular to me, or if anyone else is seeing (for example) a recent posting by bjm10 disappear entirely into a mis-parsed header. (This is largely an artifact of 'undigesting', I think, so I suppose if you don't undigest the Digest, or have a smarter undigester, it won't be a problem...)

Slán,
Alex.