Hero wars preview

From: Theo Posselt <tposselt_at_dttus.com>
Date: 09 Feb 2000 21:54:22 -0600

     Again, I hope I'm not too late on this... I just wanted to put in a
     plug for the HW system (or should I say, HWWWW).  I'm getting ready to
     playtest it this weekend (in preparation running it at a con in 2
     weeks), and I find it to be a very elegant system.  I enjoy the fact
     that so many approaches can be handled through the same mechanics.  As
     for grittiness/munchkinness, I fully intend to make it a good bit
     bloodier than depicted in the orginal.

     And mechanics aside, I think that Glorantha is much better presented
     in the source material included than it was previously.  In particular
     a number of the Lunar cults make far more sense - it's nice to see
     Yanafal Tarnils presented as something other than the Red Humakt, for
     example.

     Regards,
     Theo