Re: Personality

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:52:22 EST

BJM asks us to :

<< Read EXACTLY THE WORDS I WROTE! >>

so here is some of the text:

< < Using dice to resolve intrigue? BLEAGH!!!!! That sounds like the utter  worst in munchkin Vampire play. I've witnessed such. They let their dice  play their personalities for them >>

Which is fairly extreme (I won't say the "utter most extreme statement" as that would be snide). It even features sound effects! I also feel that "munchkin Vampire play" has a 'nasty spin' all of it's own.

I get the general idea that you do not like the idea of rolling dice to determine the results of intrigue, conclude that someone who does is a munchkin and then claim you were speaking generally and actually would do similar things yourself.

Either way, I do not believe that HW rules proscribe you consult your 'personality' to determine your actions, rather aspects of your personality are viewed as 'abilities' that can be used in contests - your 'cheerfulness' against my 'snideness', your 'righteous anger' against my 'laid back indifference' . These are 'abilities' rather than ways you must behave, except that you must act 'cheerful' to use the 'cheerful' ability, and if you fail then you should be miserable in some way, just as if you fail in combat you should be injured or dead in some way.

Keith N