Unbalanced Cradle! Not many injured.

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:51:52 EST

Julian Lord:

<< and my
 conclusion is that while it does run better with  HW-type paradigms, the scenario is *extremely*  unbalanced. Actually, it's a good candidate for the  all-time most unbalanced RPG scenario ever published  award! (but we loves ya Greg ...)>>

But surely this is a result of your adaptation of the abilities of the characters? I admit that the scenaio is pretty linear and therefore prone to upset of the type you described (in some ways this could be thought of as a Good Thing, as long as the GM can keep up).

 <<My players managed to make a giant wave that carried  the Cradle over the Lunar magic chain, and the rest of  the scenario turned into a milk run. (Mainly because  the Cradle's defense systems remained active, and  "Garrath" stayed on board. Ouch!) >>

Was this the result of an unlikely dice roll (or two) or was it a fairly obvious solution given the HW stats that you decided on?

Keith N