Tarnils

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 00:44:04 EST

Me:
> There was a lot of work (on Tarnils in particular(, from Greg,
> Roderick, Wesley and myself.

Nick:
>FWIW, the "officer corps" elements largely come from MOB, Sandy and myself
>(cf. Tales #17 for our full cult writeup), while Greg has acknowledged that
>he borrowed the Red Vexilla and their uses from Chris Gidlow's "Tarsh War",
>and indeed intended to make these a core mechanic for the Stratelibri
>miniatures game.

Sure, what I should have said was, "new work" and "Hero Wars" work. I was replying to Theos comment regarding the new write up for Tarnils and I didn't think to put the caveat in about it being HW stuff and quite different in tone from other write ups by other people. Many people have worked on the cult over the years and our version certainly is a synergy of some of the divergent views of that debate.

Theo asked about a Command Solider feat. This is not a Tarnils type feat. He is more of a leader than a commander. There is a sublte difference. Many of the other war cults in the Empire have more commanding feats, particularly the Yelmic cults. Tarnils is a front leader and an includer. The feats were written to show his heroic context.

Martin Laurie