Tolat and Yanafal

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:11:16 +1300

Ilav Topix:

>My PCs enrage the Amazons of Trowjang and damaged Tolat Cult in Teshnos. Do
>any of you think that this fact could have side effects in the west, when
>and if they return, through the cults of Orlanth and Shargash (that, I read
>somewhere, are connected to Tolat in a way I do not dare to fathom myself)?

I don't believe Orlanth is connected to Shargash/Tolat despite what Greg once said. They are associated with completely different planets for example.

Offending Tolat may cause you some shit with the cult of Shargash but I don't think the Alkothi will actually know the reason for this - they will be warned by their god that you have offended him and that is good enough for them...

>What does it mean, Martin, that Tarnils is an includer? That his cult
>includes Humakt's? Am I off-road?

"The Lunar religion is one of [...] all embracing unity" p30 Glorantha Book. Inclusion is a manifest example of this. By magically revealing to a group of people that they, despite their differences, are all one, the Lunars can work wonders. Yanafal includes the many different troops that fight under him even though they worship different gods. An excellent example of this is Yanafal's Morale spell that Nick's already mentioned.

Lunar Inclusion magics doesn't work on Orlanth worshippers. However Humakt is worshipped by many non-Orlanth-worshippers (ranging from the Carmanians to Provincial Humakti to Sartarite Humakti who have severed their ties to Orlanth) so Yanafal's magics should work on them.