Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #379

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:47:01 -0800

>> He wasn't a 'hero', he was a follower. This is modeled quite well by HW.
>> That would be the point of him being an anonymous archer.
>Who did he follow--quick, name the "hero"? Do so without looking it up,
>since any "hero" great enough to slaughter Richard Coeur de Leon would
>HAVE to be as famous as he!

No, he wouldn't have to be as famous as he. But he would have to have a whole lot of anonymous archers, which apparently he did.

That's ignoring the fact that Richard doesn't wear a magical bear (lion in his case) cloak on most days. That would put his avoid getting hit by anonymous archers skill about the same as everyone elses. ;-)

I'm trying to see your point, but I guess I'm being a bit denser than normal. HW seems to model the situation you described very well. Unless you want to be running each and every anonymous archer down to their hit locations in a major battle. If so, I'm afraid I'm already bored.

Do you think RQ models your description better? I certainly don't think RQ comes close to being able to portray that situation.

Eric Rowe