Compatability

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:35:38 EST

Ilave Topix comments: (Great name BTW)

Nick
<<As Martin suggests: there are two kinds of officers, the ones who shout "Advance!" and the ones who shout "Follow me!" Yanafali tend to the latter; they embody Lunar heroism.>>

>Just a thought (much a nightmare, unless you dispell it right now): will the
>Martin's book SGU (I like it) include and be utterly compatible (as Office
>2000 vs Office '98 at least) with the latest TotRM articles about Lunar
>Empire?

It won't include the Tales stuff, much as it won't include a Kyger Litor write up... We have around 80,000 words, and we want as much new stuff as possible.

As for compatability, this will vary. Much of the work came from the same sources as the Tales stuff (Gregs unfinished or unpublished stuff etc) and other work drew directly on work by Lunar Tales writers (in particular Nicks Carmanian stuff). So there is a lot of common ground. We've also all had some great debates on many issues which have led to converging views. While there are inevitable differences, there are many areas of agreement.

>If not, prepare to be invaded and instantly tortured by my Red Moon Mariners
>(memento audere semper!).

Well, you may have to invade and torture cos I can't keep all the people happy all of the time. Besides, its your Glorantha so if you think anything I write is crap, then ignore it and use what the hell you like!

Martin Laurie