Form Follows Function

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:58:52 -0800

Alex sez:

>To some extent, but at the rare risk of sounding like Jeff Richard,
>I think it's first of all important to establish a Norm to deviate
>from. That way we can work out if such and such a person is a
>perhaps crude, but in some way legitimised part of the collective
>mystical apparatus of the society and state, some wacky ol' person
>doing all sorts of slap-happy whacky stuff, devoid of mystical
>content of any kind, or warming a cell in the chambers of Archexarch
>Seven Dragon and Wisdom for promulating an Incorrect putatively
>mystical method.

I can think of two ways of doing this: Determine the individual's place in Kralorian society and then choose an appropriate martial arts form, or do it the other way round. Either way you could then rank the various forms against each other in a sort of expanded Jan-Ken-Po fashion for your sit-mods. The whole point is to use the info MGF-wise.

"Odious Feng was killed with the Falling Star Strike so Chin Bao the Butcher couldn't have done it." (True if Chin Bao isn't in disguise.)

"Tiger Fist Strike? Stupid Hunchen! Your kung-fu is weak compared to my Wu-Tang style!"

Gary R Switzer
Aero Hobbies